Millions of men know firsthand what inflammation of the prostate gland is. At the end of treatment, doctors strongly recommend that you familiarize yourself with ways to prevent recurrence of prostate involvement. Among them, the prevention of prostatitis stands out. It will be useful for those men who have not yet encountered similar problems.
Primary and secondary prevention
There are several forms of prevention:
- Primary. Its main purpose is to prevent the development of the inflammatory process in the prostate. Such prevention is necessary for every man after 30 years;
- Secondary. It is intended for those who have already suffered from prostatitis. The purpose of this prophylaxis is to prevent re-injury of the gland and reduce the risk of the disease developing into a chronic form.
Prevention of prostatitis in men at home consists of a huge number of measures that significantly improve a person's quality of life and protect him from prostatitis.
Every person, regardless of her level of health, should lead a correct lifestyle. It is this preventive measure that avoids a huge number of diseases. Prostatitis is no exception.
Most men have prostatitis due to a sedentary lifestyle. Prolonged sitting or lying position leads to stagnant processes in the pelvic organs. And these are the ideal conditions for the development of prostatitis.
To avoid pathology, it is necessary to engage in active sports, swim, take time for walks in the fresh air. Gymnastics is no less useful, for which you should definitely allocate a place in the daily routine.
Normalization of the diet
What a man eats strongly affects the work of the internal organs and systems of his body. Leading nutritionists share with all the secrets on how to avoid prostatitis with a well-planned diet. Diet is always an integral part of treatment for a patient with prostate inflammation. It will also be useful for healthy men who do not want to face such an unpleasant diagnosis in the future.
Adherence to a certain food culture helps prevent the development of prostatitis:
- Eating should be done in designated areas. Eating on the go is highly undesirable;
- It is necessary to take care of the cleanliness of the cutlery;
- You need to eat at least 3 times a day. There should be breaks of up to 4 hours between meals. If a person does not have the opportunity to have a normal snack between breakfast and lunch or lunch and dinner, he should at least have a cup of tea;
- It is necessary to give up snacks late in the evening and at night. This option is only allowed if the person works the night shift.
Men should make their choice in favor of dishes prepared from natural products. It is highly undesirable to include too fatty, fried and smoked products in the diet. Even a monotonous menu falls under the ban. Harmful foods must be replaced with healthy foods that do not contain preservatives and dyes.
Proper nutrition will save not only from prostatitis, but also from many other ailments.
The daily diet of a man who takes care of his health should be enriched with fruits, vegetables, meat and fish products, as well as dairy products.
In order not to have health problems, you need to give up alcohol. Its presence in the diet is allowed only in a minimal amount.
The most important way to prevent prostatitis, doctors call the gland massage. Such procedures are allowed for men who have already experienced an exacerbated form of the disease. Thanks to the therapeutic massage, the necessary outflow of fluid is created, which accumulates in the berries due to the inflammatory process.
Doctors usually recommend finger prostate massage for men. It copes well with venous congestion in the problem area and improves blood circulation. In order for the prostate gland to function normally, it is necessary to undergo a full prophylactic course, which includes about 8-10 sessions.
Protection against body infections
Prevention of prostatitis at home should be aimed at protecting the body from infections. This is because prostatitis in most cases is provoked by causative agents of diseases of the genitourinary system. If a man is already infected, he should immediately start treating the outbreak of the infection to prevent it from spreading.
Bowel diseases can lead to infections. This department of the gastrointestinal tract must be monitored with particular attention. It is necessary to prevent the appearance of constipation or diarrhea, as such stool disorders weaken local immunity. You should also avoid the appearance of cracks in the anus and hemorrhoids.
It's not just intestinal problems that can lead to gland infection. Diseases of the urinary system are no less dangerous. Timely emptying of the bladder and the prevention of overfilling help to avoid them.
If the bladder is full for a long time, it leads to infection of the pelvic organs.
Prevention of inflammation of the prostate affects a man's intimate life. Sexually transmitted diseases increase the likelihood of gland infection. Therefore, you should avoid sexual contact with unknown partners. It is also advised to avoid prolonged abstinence from sex. At the same time, too frequent intercourse is also considered unacceptable.
Gymnastics and exercise
Exercise for the prevention of prostatitis provides a good result. Daily morning exercises are good for everyone. It is not necessary to take pills to prevent problems with the pelvic organs. It is enough to regularly perform a special set of exercises. Includes:
- Rotation of the pelvis in different directions;
- Raise your legs and rotate them while lying down;
Such gymnastics will help improve blood flow in the pelvic area. Helps reduce the risk of edema in the problem area and stagnant processes.
What other exercises for the prevention of prostatitis should be included in daily gymnastics, the doctor will tell you.
It is best to consult your doctor for a specific list of exercises.
As directed by a doctor, men can take medications to prevent prostatitis. They have the following effect:
- Prevents the appearance of stagnant processes;
- Reduce the risk of infection
- Normalizes blood circulation;
- Improve hormone levels;
- Restores metabolic processes.
Preventive drugs are presented in different pharmaceutical forms.
No less useful are such means for the prevention of prostatitis as food supplements.
Medicines and food supplements have contraindications and side effects. Therefore, you shouldn't start taking them without first checking with your doctor.
Prophylaxis of prostatitis with folk remedies remains quite popular among men. They allow you to replace pills and other medicines that do not always differ in their natural composition. To recover faster, as well as in the future to avoid repeated infections of the prostate by infection, proven remedies will help:
- Pumpkin seeds. Raw seeds, which should be gnawed in small quantities every day, help restore the health of the gland;
- Onion tincture. It is prepared from an onion, which is poured with 300 ml of boiling water. The product should be infused for about 2 to 5 hours. After it has been taken 3 times a day, 40ml;
- Herbal tincture. A folk remedy that many men love is the collection of basil flowers, horseradish and walnut leaves. The main components are mixed together in a ratio of 1: 4: 1. Next, the mixture is poured with 500 ml of red wine. During the day, it should be infused. It is recommended to take 60 ml wine tincture three times a day;
- Tincture with honey and onions. Another useful remedy that helps protect the prostate and other genitourinary organs from inflammation. It consists of 180 g of honey and 500 g of onions. The resulting mixture is poured into 1 liter of dry white wine. The medicine should be infused for about 8-10 days. After taking it before meals, 60 ml;
- Chestnut broth. The recipe calls for 5 tbsp. L. chopped rind of this tree. They need to be poured with 1 liter of hot water, and then evaporated in a water bath until 300-350 ml remain in the container. It is recommended to drink 35 drops of the finished medicine before sitting at the table;
- Alcohol suppositories for the prevention of prostatitis with propolis. Before using this remedy, it is imperative to consult your doctor. To prepare such candles, you should mix 100 ml of alcohol and 20 propolis. For every 50 mg of mixture add 10 g of cocoa butter. From the resulting mass, small candles are formed, which must be placed in the anus at night for a month;
- Honey candles. Such a medicine can be prepared at home from 6 tablespoons. L. rye bread (pulp) or flour, 2 tsp. honey and 2 eggs. Candles are made from these ingredients. They are placed rectally 2 times a day for a month;
- Herbal tincture for enema. There are many recipes for preparing such a product. One of the most effective is an infusion based on calendula, chamomile, arnica, celandine and plantain. The plants are mixed in a ratio of 4: 4: 2: 1: 30. Pour the herbal mixture with 500 ml of boiling water and leave for at least 45 minutes. Don't give an enema too often, as this can cause bowel problems.
It just depends on a man's actions as to whether he is at risk of contracting prostatitis or whether he shouldn't worry about it yet. It should be remembered that even a perfectly healthy person may one day face such an unpleasant diagnosis if he neglects a healthy diet and proper lifestyle.