Prostatitis — urogenital pathology attributable to androgenic type (found only in men). According to the statistics, the symptoms of this disease are observed in half of the representatives of the stronger sex. The major part of them — the men and women over the age of 50. But the prostatitis occurs at a young age, in the midst of other diseases or as an independent pathology.
The disease is not contagious and is not sexually transmitted (it is not common in women). And speaking of the sexual life is often the factor causing.
What is prostatitis
What is the prostatitis, know that almost 40% of men of the entire population of the globe. It is the disease of the prostate due to inflammatory attacks by the agents. A result of their impact develops unfavorable microflora, which in the absence of treatment causes complications.
Prostatitis in men is usually hot starts, with a typical manifestation of clinical manifestations. But the danger of the disease lies in the fact that it can take and discreetly, passing gradually to a chronic stage.
The more prone to the inflammation of the prostate gland of males aged 30 to 50 years, leading to less practicing a way of life and having bad habits. But recently, the disease “is to rejuvenate and to meet, even at the young age of 20-25 years.
Symptoms of prostatitis
The symptoms of prostatitis in men seldom present at the initial stage. Primary signs of weakness, are often overlooked. This is the reason for the change of the disease in purulent form or chronic.
Know the first symptoms of prostatitis in men, it can prevent complications such as impotence and cancer. What are the symptoms to look for:
- frequent urination;
- the deterioration of the power of the ejaculation, absence of ejaculation, decreased libido;
- the pain during the act of defecation;
- the abdominal pain, the rump and in the groin area;
- weakness, drowsiness, malaise;
- strengthened sweating;
- the increase in body temperature, signs of intoxication: headache, fever, etc
The main characteristic of prostatitis in men is the pain. It can be pronounced, or the weakness, to give in lumbar and hamstring. Often, the patient can not determine the source of the pain, because it radiate to other organs.
Dysuric disorders are acute and chronic, in the male form of prostatitis. They are manifested frequent urination with feeling of incomplete evacuation of the bladder. Want bother, even at night, forcing him to wake up several times. In the toilet between a small amount of urine, and the process is accompanied by painful sensations.
The disorders of the sexual function have a tendency to increase. One of the main symptoms of prostatitis in men is the decrease of the erection. With the development of the disease the quality of sexual life worsens, the sex ceases to bring pleasure. Stresses the deterioration of the function of reproduction. The inflammatory disease of the prostate gland in men can cause infertility.
The causes and the triggering factors
The causes of the evolution of the prostatitis different and are, above all, for the non-observance of the rules of contraception and healthy living. Often, the disease occurs on the background of infectious processes of the genito-urinary system.
The causes of prostatitis applies:
- sexually transmitted diseases sexually transmitted;
- least practicing a way of life (sedentary work);
- the stagnation of the blood in the prostate and the tissue;
- the chronic constipation;
- decreased immunity;
- the protection by means of the interruption of the sexual act;
- trauma to the perineum;
- the port is a narrow cloth;
- alcohol abuse, smoking.
Of the disease, causing the syndrome of prostatitis:
- the foci of bacterial infection;
- diseases of the rectum;
- chlamydia, gonorrhea and other STDS.
Prostatitis is often the result of unhealthy lifestyles. To cause of the following factors:
- a diet that is unbalanced, with the preponderance in the diet of foods that increase the load on the body (deep fried, fatty foods, fast foods, etc);
- stress frequent through the use of alcohol and drugs;
- all. Reduces the protective functions of the body;
- the lack of sleep;
- low physical activity and, conversely, overtraining.
To prevent inflammation of the prostate, you need to lead a healthy life, in a timely manner to treat available of pathology and to use barrier contraception.
The types and forms of prostatitis
The manifestations of prostatitis depend on the nature and forms of the disease. In addition, this option allows you to determine the method of treatment.
The acute form
This is the beginning of prostatitis, with expressed clinical symptoms. The cause of the development become of the micro-organisms that can live in a body permanently and do no harm. But with a decrease in immunity, they are driven and begin to multiply, striking a genito-urinary system.
The acute form is different from the rapid development. First, the temperature of the body increases, then this pattern will be attached to the pain and discomfort.
The chronic form
The symptoms of prostatitis in men are weak or may be missing. The main symptom is difficulty in urination, accompanied by pain in the region of the groin.
But the absence of events is not told that the pathology can pass you, and is not dangerous for the health. It is the chronic form is the cause of prostatic hypertrophy and other pathologies of the urinary system.
A characteristic of this form is that during the reduction of the immunity, the disease comes back to the acute phase. And each relapse is more pronounced and painful.
The division of chronic prostatitis occurs on the following types:
- Bacterial. The reason for the appearance become bacteria, Which are activated when the reduction of the immunity. To do this, the spirit include the inflammation of the prostate, caused by sexually transmitted diseases. The first sign of prostatitis, a bacterial is pain and a burning sensation during sexual intercourse and urination.
- Calculous. The reason for the appearance is the accumulation of stones. This type occurs rarely and mainly in older men. Typical of the feeling in calculous prostatitis is a chronic pain in the sacrum and the region of the groin, when walking.
- Stagnant. It is a non-communicable form of the inflammatory process caused by stagnation of the blood in the basin. Provoking factors is the lack of a sedentary life-style. The low number of sexual intercourse or the complete absence of sex. Is manifested by symptoms such as pain during urination and in the region of the groin.
- Fight against the infections. This type of feature is similar to the view. The cause of the infectious form become fungi and unicellular organisms that penetrate other organs of the urinary system. The factor causing a decline in immunity.
- Purulent. The severe form of the disease, with the infectious nature of the risk. The signs of suppurative prostatitis in men is part of the fever up to 39 degrees and more, symptoms of intoxication and a purulent discharge from the urethra.
According to the early symptoms of prostatitis is virtually impossible to determine the shape and type of the disease. Need a diagnosis and an in-depth study of the state of the prostate.
The danger of prostatitis
In case of absence in a timely manner, the appropriate treatment of the inflammation of the prostate gland in men, there is a risk of complications. These include:
- The urethritis. It is the inflammation of the genito-channel due to infection of the prostate gland on adjacent organs. But in itself, the urethritis is not dangerous, here shown on a plan of the renal failure carries a serious threat to health and life.
- Vesiculitis. It is an inflammation of the seminal vesicles, which leads to erectile dysfunction, and infertility.
- The abscess. This complication possible purulent form of prostatitis, where the prostate gland accumulates the pus. Abscess when the ill-treatment and its absence leads to death.
- The adenoma. The inflammation of the prostate causes its dysfunction and benign entities. The outgrowth of tissues and is an adenoma of the prostate.
- Cancer. Adenoma and chronic prostatitis are the main causes of cancer. And because of the weakness of clinical signs, to differentiate it from other pathologies of the urinary system is very difficult.
- The sterility. The prostate is involved in the synthesis of sperm required for successful fertilization of the egg. When inflammation of this organ, disrupted the natural process of procreation.
When the inflammation of the prostate gland in men manifest themselves of unpleasant symptoms, this causes a psychological discomfort. The patient has the deterioration of the quality of the sexual life, there are signs of inferiority. On the bottom of what is happening on the disorder in the family, the isolation, the depression. Therefore, the prostate, and neurological diseases are closely related.
Treatment of prostatitis
The treatment of prostatitis begins with the diagnosis. For this one passes the finger, and the ultrasound of the prostate, is appointed a general and biochemical analysis of blood, analysis of urine. The doctor is the clinical picture of the disease, learns how to manifest the prostatitis in men. On the basis of the investigations assigned to therapy.
You want a full treatment, which includes:
- the reception of antibacterial drugs;
- the prostate massage;
- correction of the immune system;
- the plan;
- the folk remedies.
In some cases, shows a surgical treatment. The causes for surgical intervention are the following:
- the inflammatory process has affected multiple organs in the pelvis;
- the complications of prostatitis in the form of benign or malignant tumours;
- ineffective conservative treatment;
- the abscess of the prostate;
- retention of urine or difficulty urinating;
- the calculations of the bladder or the kidneys.
On the way to treat prostatitis, tells the urologist. It gives recommendations for the correction of way of life for the prevention of inflammation and the prevention of recidivism. It is:
- The use of contraception barrier during a change of partner.
- The refusal of alcohol and tobacco.
- The moderate exercise.
- Good, a balanced diet that includes foods rich in vitamins and minerals.
- Measured sex life.
Preventing disease is much easier than dealing with the consequences of the inflammatory process. And necessarily, each man must know what it's like to symptoms of acute and chronic prostatitis. Upon detection of the first symptoms should immediately consult a doctor and do not medicate.