Prostate gland adenoma forms in 5-10 years or more. Initial discomfort is often absent. The manifestation of the disease depends on the age and physical parameters of the patient, the size of the tumor. Compression of the urinary tract leads to difficulties with urination.
The remains of urine lead to the development of pathogens and inflammation. You cannot cure the disease on your own. It is necessary to contact a urologist and undergo appropriate diagnostics. Based on the test results obtained, the doctor will prescribe an adequate treatment.
Prescribe tablets, ointments and suppositories to help stop dangerous symptoms and restore prostate function.
Prostate adenoma occurs in men after 40 years. The stroma and glandular epithelium are involved in the formation. In the early stages, there are no signs of the disease.
With an increase in size, the tumor presses on adjacent tissues and the urinary duct, causing discomfort when urinating.
Pathology leads to erectile dysfunction, residues of urine in the bladder, which is accompanied by inflammatory processes.
Lack of treatment leads to the active growth of hyperplasia, which is dangerous for transformation into a malignant form - adenocarcinoma. Which leads to a poor prognosis in treatment and the emergence of new complications.
The first symptoms appear when the tumor grows in size, when there is compression of adjacent tissues and organs.
The signs present themselves in different ways, depending on the physical parameters and the stage of the pathology. Frequent urge to urinate is more common, especially at night.
A man can get up 7-10 times a night. This has a negative impact on the psychological state of the patient.
A dangerous sign of the disease is acute urinary retention: if there is a need to urinate, there is no way to perform the action alone. This leads to an accumulation of urine, which requires urgent medical attention. A catheter is placed in the hospital or the lower part of the abdominal cavity is punctured.
In the last stage of the pathology, painful sensations appear in the lower abdomen, blood impurities are present in the urinary secretions and semen. Men often see a doctor at this stage in the development of the disease.
Methods of treatment for adenoma
With prostatitis, the patient experiences discomfort when he goes to the toilet and stress from lack of sleep at night. Symptoms do not go away on their own, treatment is needed. Therapy is performed with drugs or an operation with a surgical excision of atypical cells is prescribed.
In the first stage, the disease can be cured without surgery. The patient is prescribed special drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma. This will help stop the unpleasant symptoms and restore the functions of the genitourinary system. The doctor selects active drugs that can quickly help the patient improve their well-being.
In the third stage, the adenoma is removed surgically - this blocks the proliferation of the node and relieves discomfort when urinating. Medicinal herbal preparations effectively remove pain.
Choosing a method of treatment, the doctor will send the patient for examination:
- Donate blood for general clinical analysis and PSA level;
- Undergo an ultrasound examination of the pelvic organs
- Computed tomography and magnetic resonance imaging to determine the structure of the tumor;
- Urinalysis will reveal the level of leukocytes and determine the degree of inflammation;
- TRUS with ultrasound is considered the most informative method.
A combination treatment using all three methods is often used. With prostate adenoma, the doctor individually selects the course of therapy for a particular patient. Methods for the treatment of benign neoplasms are effective if the recommendations of a specialist are fully followed. It is also recommended to follow a special diet selected by a urologist.
For the treatment of prostatitis in modern medicine, many effective drugs have been developed. Each drug must be taken correctly, so it will be possible to get rid of the adenoma in a short time.
Medicines are selected not only to relieve unpleasant symptoms, but also based on their ability to affect atypical cells. At the initial stage of the formation of the pathology, drug treatment stops the further growth of the node. Regular use of the drug is accompanied by complete resorption of the tumor.
The dosage for the patient is selected individually, taking into account the medical tests and physical parameters of the patient.
It is easy to treat adenoma in the early stages - atypical cells are amenable to therapeutic effects. Alpha blockers can help relieve pain when urinating and smooth the bladder walls.
Taking drugs of this group, the normal outflow of urine is restored with weak and intermittent pressure. The active ingredients do not affect the adenoma, but they relieve unpleasant symptoms.
This allows the patient to lead a normal life without discomfort.
Doctors prefer to use adrenergic blockers in the treatment:
- Tamsulosin reduces painful spasms when urinating and restores bladder function. Available in 400 mg capsules. The color of the capsules is yellow-green. It is best to drink one capsule before meals once a day. The drug reveals a number of side effects: nausea with vomiting, diarrhea, headache with dizziness and itching of the upper layers of the dermis. When the first signs of discomfort appear, the attending physician should be warned and replaced with a drug with a similar effect. When taking the capsules, the man sleeps peacefully at night, trips to the toilet are reduced.
- Terazosin is available as tablets. The daily dose should be increased daily. The active ingredients have an expanding effect on veins and other vessels, which prevents blood stagnation in the pelvic organs.
- Alfuzosin is a suitable remedy for relieving unpleasant symptoms. The medicine for prostatitis is taken in a 2-3 week course. 1 tablet contains 5-10 mg of active ingredients. Take 1 tablet of 10 mg once a day or 5 mg twice a day.
In the treatment of pathology, anticholinergics are prescribed together with adrenergic blockers. The active ingredient blocks the high activity of acetylcholine in relation to the smooth walls of the bladder. Medicines help reduce the activity of organs, which will reduce the frequency of the stimulus. Taking drugs from the described group helps regulate the functioning of the bladder.
According to doctors, the following are recognized as the best:
- Prostate extract is a rectal suppository injected through the anus once a day, preferably at bedtime. Active substances relieve swelling and destroy pathogenic microflora, which prevents the development of inflammation. The admission course should not exceed 1-2 weeks. Then it is necessary to replace with another medicine.
- Atropine is an injection drug. Belladonna is one of the active ingredients. The herb fights painful cramps when urinating. Reduces the effect of muscle tension and soft tissue swelling. The injections are given twice a day, in the morning and in the evening. The dosage is calculated individually.
Medicines based on hormones
A hormone-containing prostatitis medicine is prescribed in the presence of certain complications in the form of pus discharge with disturbances in the work of the endocrine system, which is expressed by hormonal imbalance.
To restore the body, it is necessary to take 5-alpha reductase inhibitors for an extended period of time. The daily dose is calculated individually for each patient.
Age, physical and medical indicators of health, as well as the stage of the pathology and size of the neoplasm are taken into account.
The pharmacy has a list of drugs in this group. Most often used in the treatment:
- Hydroxyprogesterone caproate is available in injections for intramuscular administration. The substance restores the hormonal balance in the prostate gland. The course should not exceed 5 days, 1 injection per day. The changes are observed on the second day. If there is no improvement, another drug is given.
- Finasteride blocks the transition of testosterone to its active form, preventing overgrowth of the endometrium. You need to take the drug for up to 6 months. The doctor calculates the doses individually, taking into account several parameters: age, well-being and size of the tumor.
It is possible to cure prostate adenoma with drugs at an early stage of formation. Patients are more likely to lean towards drugs based on natural raw materials.
Herbal ingredients have a minimal set of contraindications with side effects. The healing effect of this does not diminish.
Sometimes recovery occurs faster than the analogue with synthetic raw materials. The improvement appears from the 4th to the 5th day of administration.
The list of such drugs is headed by:
- The preparation of a standardized extract from the prostate glands of animals is sold in pharmacies in the form of tablets and suspensions. The therapeutic effect is greater in the initial phase of the pathology; in the later stages of training, improvement occurs later or is absent. The composition is represented by natural ingredients that block the growth of atypical cells. The daily rate and the course are prescribed individually.
- A medicine of 9 active ingredients. Available in tablets to be taken orally. The only contraindication for taking the drug is an allergic reaction to the incoming components. You need to drink 2 tablets 2-3 times a day. The admission period is calculated individually.
Muscle relaxants and antispasmodics
With the large size, the adenoma presses on the urinary duct, which causes discomfort when going to the toilet. To relieve painful spasm, the patient is prescribed antispasmodics. The inflamed prostate must also be numb, here doctors use muscle relaxants. Active substances reduce the tone and internal discomfort in the organ.
For admission, the doctor can use drugs:
- Baclofen soothes the inflamed prostate gland by reducing swelling. The drug is available in tablets. The course of treatment begins with 5 mg 3 times a day. The daily dose is gradually increased to 10 mg. Duration of admission is 1-2 weeks.
- Hyoscine Butyl Bromide - in the form of suppositories and tablets. Suppositories are injected into the rectum 1-2 times a day. Before the appointment, the doctor takes into account the patient's medical indicators and the degree of development of the pathology. The drug has a number of contraindications that must be considered before taking. The treatment lasts 2 weeks.
In the treatment of prostate adenoma, the state of the immune system means a lot. For effective treatment, it is necessary to strengthen the functions of the immune system. To do this, doctors use special immunostimulants, the reception of which launches the body's resources to fight the disease.
Doctors recommend these drugs:
- Meglumine acridone acetate is taken orally in 1-2 tablets. The admission course is designed for 14-21 days.
- Azoximer bromide stimulates the immune system, increasing the chances of a full recovery. The drug has a number of contraindications, therefore, before prescribing it, doctors carefully study the test results and the patient's well-being.
Combined-acting medicinal products in the treatment of hyperplasia
In the treatment of adenoma, drugs with universal effect are sometimes used. The tablets have anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. They are able to relieve swelling and start the process of restoring the damaged parts of the organ. Modern drugs begin the healing process and normal functioning of the prostate.
In pharmacies there are inexpensive medicines that help well in the treatment of pathology. The most popular are:
- Tamsulosin contains alpha blockers and 5 alpha reductase. When taken orally, it blocks the transition of testosterone to its active form: dihydrotestosterone. The most effective agent in the treatment of prostate cancer, as it prevents the proliferation of atypical cells. Therefore, doctors often use this remedy in the fight against adenoma. Sold in tablets and capsules. The course is designed for 1 month.
- The creeping palm fruit extract stimulates the regeneration of damaged tissues and restores the functional properties of the prostate gland. The active ingredients are creeping palm and dwarf palm extracts. Drink for 3-6 months, 1 capsule per day.
Treatment of elderly men
With age, men's immunity decreases, which leads to the development of many chronic diseases. Prostate adenoma is developing rapidly, which requires urgent medical attention. The choice of the drug complicates age and the risk of possible complications. Often such patients take other drugs in parallel, so it is necessary to take into account the interaction of different drugs.
For such patients, you can use drugs:
- Human endothelial NO synthase antibodies are affinity purified. A contraindication is individual intolerance to certain active ingredients of the drug. The daily rate is 1 tablet. The course does not exceed 14 days.
- Antibodies to PSA are affinity purified and are referred to as homeopathy. It is considered the safest treatment for hyperplasia. The tablets must be reabsorbed. It helps improve urine flow and increase blood flow to the prostate. The active ingredients relieve inflammation and stimulate the functioning of the organ.
Effective and popular drugs in the treatment of hyperplasia
Medicine is constantly evolving. New drugs appear in pharmacology. Prostate gland adenoma brings a certain discomfort into a man's life, which affects the further functioning of the prostate and urinary system. Timely treatment of the disease helps to completely get rid of unpleasant symptoms and swelling.
The most effective and popular means in the treatment of hyperplasia by doctors are:
- Universal remedy of homeopathic medicine, contains Brussels sprouts extract and green tea extract. The drug is considered safe, it can be taken together with other medicines. The active ingredients actively fight the proliferation of the node, blocking the degeneration of testosterone into an active form. The course is designed for 3-6 months, 2 capsules per day.
- Purified endothelial NO-synthase anti-affinity antibodies and purified PSA anti-affinity antibodies - resorption tabletsThe substance eliminates the effects of stagnation of urine and excess fluid in soft tissues. The drug relieves pain and inflammation in the organ, restores hormonal balance and increases the concentration of sperm. Drink 1 tablet 3 times a day for 2 weeks.
- Gentamicin is an antihyperplasia drug. It can be used as an ointment or a special solution for oral administration. The doctor selects the dosage for each patient, taking into account individual characteristics. Reception should not be continued for more than 10 days. There are contraindications that should be considered during treatment.
- Diclofenac - suppositories, inserted into the rectum. Relieves inflammation of the prostate and restores organ function. Up to 2 candles per day are allowed. The treatment lasts 1 week. It cannot be used in case of renal insufficiency.
- Microbiologically fermented plant pollen extract is an American remedy in the treatment of hyperplasia. Prescribed at all stages of the tumor. Effectively fights inflammatory processes in the prostate, relieves soft tissue edema, pain spasms, helps normalize urination and increases erectile function. It is considered one of the most effective drugs.
Prostate adenoma brings discomfort to a man's life, which affects the psychological and physical condition. It also affects performance and normal interaction with others. The disease must be treated.
To get rid of unpleasant symptoms in a short time, it is necessary to take the drugs recommended by doctors in a precisely calculated dosage. It is impossible to prescribe drugs on your own - this will worsen the patient's well-being.
Following your doctor's recommendations will speed up the healing process.
How to treat prostate adenoma and prostatitis
Today, drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma and prostatitis can be found in any pharmacy, but buying them yourself (without medical advice) is not worth it.
The effects of drugs vary; for adenoma and prostatitis, established schemes are used. You will learn what medications are often prescribed by doctors and how they work in this article.
The main groups of drugs and their mechanism of action
The first thing to say about prostate adenoma is that it cannot be started. If you feel pain when urinating, rather go to the urology department to conduct an examination and identify the disease, because the reason for this can be any other inflammation, the occurrence of kidney stones. In advanced cases, prostatitis develops into a cancerous tumor and this cannot be cured with simple drugs. It is not necessary to postpone a visit to the doctor.
As for drugs, they are all divided into main groups:
- With androgens: This active ingredient is included in many prostatitis medications and helps to improve the tone of the detrusor, which greatly improves urination.
- With progesterones, doctors call them antiandrogens. The use of drugs of this group helps to reduce the adenoma, relieve the patient's pain. It is recommended to combine them with special procedures: prostate massage, electrophoresis, phonophoresis.
- Herbal anti-inflammatory drugs for prostatitis. While they are not considered the most effective, they have powerful antiseptic effects. Among the herbs in the composition, it is worth noting in particular sage, coltsfoot, chamomile, dill, parsley, nettle.
List of the best drugs for prostatitis and prostate adenoma
Among the proposed options for drugs, you can choose the most suitable one, however, only your doctor will tell you how to quickly and effectively cure prostate adenoma without surgery. It is important to remember that the course of treatment should consist of both drugs and other procedures that contribute to the rapid recovery of the patient. A striking example is massage, physiotherapy.
Suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis and prostate adenoma can be called the most effective. They have a broad physical effect, have the most positive effect on the affected area.
Coming to the pharmacy, it is easy to get confused, because the range of rectal suppositories is so wide that it will be difficult to choose a drug.
However, doctors helped by identifying among the most effective drugs, often prescribed:
- Ichthyol suppositories for prostatitis. They improve blood circulation, have an antiseptic and anesthetic effect. They are often prescribed in conjunction with pills or physical therapy. Candles don't have a very pleasant scent, but this in no way affects the effect on your skin. This drug has no contraindications.
- Candles with propolis. Relieves pain when urinating, have an anti-inflammatory effect. A huge plus is the price of such candles - they are budgetary. In addition, the drug does not cause any side effects, so it can be used as a prophylactic agent.
- Suppositories with indomethacin help relieve swelling, inflammation, normalize the function of the prostate gland. Suitable for the treatment of an advanced stage.
- Diclofenac. Popular suppositories for the treatment of prostatitis. They are used in the treatment of complex cases of prostatitis, have an effective anti-inflammatory effect. However, a number of contraindications does not allow to use this drug for every patient.
Like candles, the tablets are divided into groups based on their actions. Only a urologist should prescribe you medications after an examination, which will determine how to treat prostate adenoma. Buying and taking medications without a prescription is unlikely to have a positive effect on a speedy recovery. What drugs for prostatitis are most often prescribed by doctors:
- Anti-inflammatory - they are prescribed for the acute form of adenoma, for pain when urinating, all these drugs contribute to the rapid cure of prostatitis, do not allow the disease to enter the chronic stage.
- Antispasmodics - this group of tablets relieves spasms and relaxes muscles, greatly improving blood circulation.
- Antibiotics - if prostate adenoma is caused by an infectious lesion of the gland and bacteria are found that are the causative agent of the disease, tablets of this group are prescribed. Determine which antibiotic for prostatitis is suitable only for you, the doctor conducting the examination. Antibiotics are taken in a course together with rectal drugs.
Modern medicine also offers injectable drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma, which are aimed at strengthening the patient's immunity.
They are all effective drugs that enhance regenerative processes. Injections are indicated as conservative treatment or prophylaxis; protect the prostate gland from viruses.
The dosage can only be prescribed by a doctor, as there are side effects.
The method of instillation is one of the options for getting rid of the disease, which is based on the introduction of a drug for the treatment of prostate adenoma and prostatitis in the affected area.
This method of treatment is prescribed to completely remove the bacteria that contribute to the progression of inflammation of the prostate from the urinary tract.
Cycloferon liniment, antiseptics, ozonated solutions are used as medicines.
The instillation procedure should be carried out strictly in the treatment room with a doctor. Only he will be able to choose the right solution, introduce a high-quality catheter into the urethra and make all the necessary manipulations to keep the solution inside. Depending on the stage of the disease, the course of instillation can last from 1 to 3 months, 2-4 times a week.
Effective phytotherapeutic agents
Its components selectively accumulate in the tissues of the prostate, reduce the manifestations of inflammation, help strengthen protective functions, protect cells from free radical damage and control the process of excessive proliferation of prostate tissues.
Due to the complex and balanced composition, the difficulties associated with urination are eliminated, the pain syndrome is relieved.
The components of the complex against the background of standard therapy effectively affect the main symptoms of chronic prostatitis, improve urination: they reduce the frequency of urination and increase the flow of urine, improve well-being and have a general strengthening effect in patients with chronic prostatitis.
When searching for active drugs for the treatment of prostate adenoma and prostatitis, more than once you will come across advertisements for folk herbal remedies, allegedly capable of relieving this ailment.
It should be noted that they are not drugs, but rather food supplements that must be taken for preventive purposes.
The composition contains plant extracts that have a positive effect on the condition and function of the prostate gland, but in the case of an acute stage of the disease, phytotherapeutic agents are unable to cure.