Prostatitis symptoms in men
For effective treatment of inflammation of the prostate, it is important to timely notice the first signs of prostatitis, which depend on the form of the pathology. Then you can understand how prostatitis is treated. In many men, the acute form of the disease begins with the appearance of unpleasant or painful sensations in the groin and perineum. The pain when urinating and defecating is bothersome.
Together with the listed first symptoms of prostatitis, fever and fever are possible. Urinary retention may occur gradually. This is due to the development of prostate edema, due to which its tissues compress the urethra.
What are the symptoms of chronic prostatitis in men? First of all, you should look out for the following signs of prostatitis:
- Problems with erection, potency;
- faster onset of ejaculation;
- Difficulty passing urine (the power is cut, you have to push, there is a feeling of incomplete emptying, etc. );
- there is a discharge from the urethra;
- depressive mood, tiredness, fatigue that sets in quickly.
It is important that in the chronic course of prostatitis in men, symptoms are completely absent or appear only during periods of exacerbation. So, with a relapse in pathology, signs of prostate disease, such as pain in the sacral spine, pressing sensations in the anus and rectum, are possible. Such manifestations (in the absence of other symptoms of inflammation of the prostate) can lead to the idea of the development of diseases of the sacrum or intestines, so a thorough diagnosis is required before treatment.
Ignoring the signs of prostatitis and postponing a visit to the doctor "for later" can lead to complications in men, including:
- constant debilitating pain in the perineum;
- depressive disorders, neuroses;
How to treat?
When diagnosing prostatitis, the first thing that comes to mind is how it should be treated. Treatment of symptoms of prostate inflammation in men is mainly outpatient. Only in the case of severe poisoning, an advanced form of the disease, is prostatitis treated in a hospital.
Treatment of inflammation of the prostate requires an integrated approach. This means that different methods are used to get rid of the pathology.
- Medicines. Before using any medication to treat prostatitis, you should be examined to determine the cause of the inflammation. Otherwise, complications may develop, worsen health, and new disorders may appear in the body.
- physiotherapy methods. They contain several directions. They make it possible to cure prostatitis in less time.
- Traditional medicine. Treatment of the prostate with folk recipes is recommended as an additional method after consulting the attending physician. It has an additional symptomatic effect on the disease (helps reduce secretions, improve immunity, etc. ).
What else can prostatitis be treated with? The course of therapy includes the involvement of psychologists (if necessary) and other narrow specialists (if, for example, problems with blood vessels, kidneys and liver are detected, their timely healing will contribute to a more successful elimination of inflammation of the prostate). During the treatment of prostatitis, it is recommended to follow a diet, abandon bad habits, revise the lifestyle, and sleep and rest.
Traditional medicine recipes offer an effective treatment for acute and chronic prostatitis. With inflammation, pain, burning and such means as: the variety of folk methods allows the use of medicinal raw materials for internal use (oral), rectally in the form of microclysters or self-made suppositories. You can also use the introduction of medicines into food. This applies, for example, to parsley, honey, garlic.
How can prostatitis be treated with folk remedies? The following recipes will help reduce inflammation in the prostate.
- Take a teaspoon of dry hemlock and celandine and mix them with half a glass of vodka. Insist in the dark for 10 days, drain. The tincture is drunk every morning after waking up before meals (20-30 minutes). The drug is taken for 60 days according to the following scheme: start with one drop diluted in 50 ml of water, increase the dosage by another drop every day, bring their number to 30, and then decrease in the reverse order (again -at one per day).
- Pour 0. 5 l of boiling water over half a teaspoon of orchid tuber powder and boil for 10 minutes. Let cool down completely. The broth is taken three times a day with 100 ml.
- Let the celery root boil in a glass of water for 10-15 minutes for 20-15 minutes. Drink half a glass three times a day.
In the alternative treatment of prostate inflammation, rectal suppositories are made from natural ingredients. According to the recipe for a propolis suppository, the beekeeping product is poured with alcohol (50 g or 50 ml) over 14 days, the contents being mixed regularly. Then it is kept in the "bath" until the product reaches a dark yellow hue and honey consistency. The resulting product in the amount of 1 gram is mixed with 20 ml of cocoa butter, suppositories of the required size are made from it, and then put in the cold. The drug is brought to bed every day for a month.
Sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and sesame seeds provide good relief from the symptoms of prostatitis. They can be consumed at any time and in any amount. On the Internet, you can find other recipes, users willingly share information about how to treat prostatitis with folk remedies. Be sure to consult a specialist before use.
Many patients are interested in the question of whether prostatitis can be cured with physiotherapy. Unfortunately, physiotherapy is used only as an additional tool, but it is a mandatory part of the complex treatment of the prostate in men.
The following physical procedures can be included in the prostatitis treatment regimen depending on the indication.
- prostate massage. An effective means of improving blood flow to the gland, supplying tissues with nutrients, drugs and oxygen, and removing metabolic products and toxins. With the help of massage, you can restore the functional activity of the organ in a shorter time. Correct and regular use of the technique makes it possible to normalize its effectiveness and eliminate symptoms of inflammation and congestion.
The answer to the question of what and how to treat prostatitis in men with drugs depends on the identified cause of the disease. On the basis of the diagnostic data received, the doctor decides on the appointment of certain drugs. Among them can be the following groups of drugs, and not just pills for prostatitis.
- Antibacterial agents. In most cases, shown, especially if the cause of the pathology were microorganisms. A man should strictly adhere to the treatment regimen, dosage and duration, since antibiotics in the treatment of prostatitis tend to accumulate in the tissues of the organ. In addition, ignoring the doctor's instructions can lead to a deterioration in the quality of therapy and the re-development of the disease.
- hormone therapy. Medical treatment of prostatitis with hormones is indicated in the presence of a disturbed hormonal background, which provoked the development of pathology. It is carried out under the strict supervision of a specialist and requires regular laboratory control.
- Antispasmodic for prostatitis. Relaxation of the muscles of the perineum and prostate. Eliminate pain, improve blood and lymph flow.
- Anti-inflammatory drugs. The aim was to solve the question of how inflammation of the prostate can be alleviated. In most cases, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs in the form of tablets and capsules to be taken orally or suppositories are used for prostatitis.
In the complex treatment of prostatitis, preparations on a natural basis are used, for example with propolis, belladonna extract, ichthyol, animal products and other ingredients. The general condition of a man's body also plays an important role. Therefore, drug treatment for prostatitis must necessarily include immunomodulatory agents, vitamin-mineral complexes and drugs that improve metabolism.
After diagnosing prostatitis, most men think about how to cure it quickly. However, the main task is not the time spent treating the disease, but the quality of treatment. It will also be necessary to check the condition of the prostate for some time after the end of treatment. Only after receiving the control results, which confirm the absence of pathological processes, can we speak of a complete healing.
Treatment at home
The most common treatment for prostatitis in men is at home. To completely get rid of the disease and prevent it from turning into a chronic form, you need not only to take drugs and pills, but also to change your lifestyle. For example, sleep and wakefulness are important. A full night's sleep ensures the levels of male sex hormones normalize. In addition, the recovery processes take place most intensively and efficiently during sleep.
Drinking regime and eating habits are equally important. To remove toxins from the body (excretion products of microorganisms, drug metabolites, etc. ), regardless of tea, compote, soup and other products, you need to drink at least two liters of clean water a day. Alcohol consumption decreases the effectiveness of the treatment and increases the risk of complications.
It is advisable to reduce salt consumption when treating prostatitis. This prevents edema from developing and improves the elimination of urine (salt retains fluid in the tissues of the body). This recommendation also applies to the use of products and dishes such as smoked meat, canned, salted and fermented. If possible, for the period of treatment (at least) it is better to refuse meat, fried, spicy dishes, especially with an acute form of prostatitis. Priority should be given to cooked foods (steamed or in water), herbs, vegetables and fruits, natural vegetable oils, nuts and seafood.